The School Library has been refurbished and re-stocked in recent years and the school is committed to ongoing investment in print books and digital technology such as e-book sources. There is ample space for research and reading and plenty of access to IT facilities. The library has been designed to provide the children with a quiet and purposeful atmosphere for study and intellectually creative thought.
The Library aims to do the following:
- Support the educational aims of the school by making the library central and integral to the independent learning processes within the school.
- Provide a service that enables boys & girls to become more responsible for their own learning and prepare for university by helping them develop their research and study skills.
- Enrich students’ curricular experiences by providing appropriate resources.
- Provide an environment which encourages relaxation and private reading. Regularly changing displays and celebration of national book awards, presenting and highlighting new novels, literary works and latest developments, as well as personal recommendations, encourage pupils to read a varied range of material.
- Give children a sense of ‘ownership’ of their Library.
Arrange workshops and talks by writers and illustrators which inspire, enthuse and entertain boys.